Blockchain To Play Vital Role in Diamond Industry
In recent years, Enterprise Blockchain Development has transformed various industries ranging from healthcare to finance. With huge investment potential, the Diamond industry faces certain challenges concerning Provenance, Supply Chain Traceability, Third-Party, verification process, and reliable transactions.
Bitcoin and a wide range of cryptocurrencies use Blockchain Development to integrate the trust factor in the community to securely execute business operations. For example, ensuring seamless international transactions in one go.
Before 2000, a diamond's way from the mine to a retail deal was not closely tracked. In the year 2000, the United Nations set up the Kimberley Process "forces extensive requirements on its members to enable them to certify shipments of raw diamonds as 'conflict-free' and avoid conflict diamonds from entering the legitimate exchange"
The Diamond industry faces challenges like document altering, fake cases, synthetic stones that are falsely identified, and double financing that are difficult to trace. There is an urgent requirement for a single point of truth so that all parties on the supply chain, from makers to cutters to investors and insurance providers, have shared access to records documenting diamond mining, assembling, and sale.
Stages of Diamond Processing
Diamond experiences a multistage process between the mine and the jewelry store.
● Mining – Diamond mining is considered to be a combination of art, science, engineering, and a lot of hard work. According to a report, 142 million carats of diamonds were estimated to have been produced from mines worldwide in 2019.
● Sorting and Pricing – Rough diamonds are arranged into more than 5,000 classifications. Just about 20% of all rough diamonds are of gem quality, while 80% of the diamonds dug are sold for industrial purposes. Diamonds are valued and offered to makers at one of ten yearly markets, called sights.
● Assembling – Gem-quality stones are bought by cutting centers. The rough stones experience a 3-D scan to make a PC model. Specialists analyze each rough stone concerning its size, shape, and the amount and position of its inward structure and flaws, and update the PC model. Then, they conclude how to cut the stone to create the greatest value.
● Turning into a Gem – The stone is then stamped and divided or sawed with a jewel saw or laser. A few diamond cutters, each with their own specialty, help produce the gem. Polishing additionally is a multistage procedure, with various specialists polishing the fundamental features of the gem and others polishing the final aspects. The last step is quality control to check the gem's attributes and guarantee that it satisfies the maker's guidelines. It may be recorded by laser with an ID number.
● The Sale – The finished diamond will be offered to jewelry manufacturers and wholesalers. They, in turn, offer the gem to customers, or retail diamond sellers and jewelry outlets.
Putting Diamonds on the Blockchain
To ensure transparency in the diamond industry, Enterprise Blockchain Development can be utilized. Additionally, with the help of software to interface with the scanning, modeling, and cutting equipment utilized in gem manufacturing these instruments could automatically store and generate the data related to the manufacturing process on the Blockchain.
At each phase of manufacturing, Blockchain makes it easier to trace the time and date of procedure,
craftsman performing, price entered by retailers, store area, warranty details, etc.
Keeping Fraudulent Away
The weak part of any technological system is human intervention. The Enterprise Blockchain Development Solutions overcomes this weakness by utilizing digital signatures. For example, when a certified mine puts a diamond on the Blockchain, it signs the transaction with its private key. The signature can be checked by anyone utilizing mine's public key. This implies the mining organization cannot later deny that it was the source of the diamond. Similarly, a rogue company cannot put a diamond on blockchain claiming to be a certified organization because a rogue organization's
a signature will be seen quickly as being invalid.
The blockchain, combined with digital signatures and machine-to-blockchain software, gives a method for safely recording the provenance of diamonds and different products. Customers can easily check the movement of a product recorded on the chain from its source to the present. This transparency increases the value of the product at each point in the supply chain and in its possible purchase by the customer.
Enterprise Blockchain Development Companies like RWaltz offer efficient services to a wide array of clients. Take a look at how RWaltz is serving the industries with Blockchain Development.
- Sports NFT Marketplace Development: A Win-Win Opportunity to Engage the Fans
- How To Earn From The NFT Marketplace Website
- Top Celebrities who have Entered NFT Marketplaces
- How to Choose Blockchain Development Company for your Project
- Decentralized Applications – The New Normal in the Digital World
- How Blockchain Technology is Making the Gym Industry More Fit?
- A 2022 Guide to Decentralized Finance Application Development
- How Blockchain Can Revamp the Petroleum Industry
- How Can Blockchain Transform the Travel Industry?
- Smart Contract Development: Everything You Need to Know
Latest news, articles, and updates montly delivered to your inbox.
Integrate your ideas with our Technology Expertise to drive your project into success